1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Federal and State Hybrid incentives...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JMcPhee, Nov 1, 2005.

1. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

4. HeuristicsInc

HeuristicsInc New Member

Is it just me, or is that energy.gov site completely broken? I get a really narrow drop-down menu with no text in it, and broken images if I try a random blank line. This is in both Mozilla and IE (Win2k).
    -bill

5. Phyte

Phyte New Member

Wait a minute, so if I buy early in 2006(first 1000 sold in Austin) I could get $1,000 back from the state PLUS pay zero taxes on the car???? :eek:

Texas
    Austin Plug-In Hybrid Incentive: Program passed, but details are currently in flux: Under consideration is setting aside $1 million and establishing a $1,000.00 rebate for the first 1,000 plug-in hybrids purchased in Austin. A final decision and announcement is expected this fall. The city council passed resolution 050301-48 on March 3rd 2005 and the City Manager along with the Austin Energy are working to promote the program by developing materials, presentations, and community outreach. In addition, together they are setting up the incentives and answering questions from other interested communities.

Hybrid Sales and Use Tax (bill): H.B. 1156 would reduce the normal sales and use tax rate of 6.25 % for new hybrid motor vehicles depending on their city fuel economy ratings. If a hybrid has a city fuel economy of at least 15 mpg but less than 30 mpg then the tax rate is 4.6 %. If a hybrid has a city fuel economy of at least 30 mpg but less than 45 mpg then the tax rate is 3.125 %. If a hybrid has a city fuel economy of at least 45 mpg but less than 60 mpg then the tax rate is 1.56 %. And, if a hybrid has a city fuel economy of 60 mpg than no tax is applied. Introduced on 2/17/05 -- referred to Ways and Means Committee.

EDIT: I just re-read the first one. Plug-in hybrid. I don't supposed the 2006 pruis will have this option will it :)

6. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

<_< I swear that link worked earlier today.
    Try this one:
    http://www.eere.energy.gov/cleancities/atv/incen_laws.html

7. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius