1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fee iPod Promotion For Opening a Checking Account. Sweet!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by boulder_bum, Aug 20, 2008.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm a sucker for promotions like this, and just thought I'd pass it along in case there are others that also get excited over this stuff.

If you open a checking account at Key Bank, they'll give you a free iPod Nano (or a Touch if you can maintain a $25,000 balance on your Key accounts).

https://www.key.com/gen/html/ipod-for-checking.html

Also, while I'm thinking about it (for those who don't want to open a checking account), I also know of a website that lets you get free iPod's/Apple TV's/other stuff by signing up for deals (like trails to Stamps.com and Netflix and stuff) then getting several other people to do the same.

Full disclosure: you'd be helping me get MY free iPod by participating in this deal, so I have a vested interest. :D

YourFreeiStuff.com - Get Free iStuff

I got my very first iPod that way several years ago. :)

2. chinalfr2

chinalfr2 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe the so call free website should start paying you with TONS of SPAM email.

3. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know there are a lot of less-than-reputable sites out there that do that (I've fallen for one that advertised on EBay), but YourFreeiStuff isn't one of them.

Here's their policy:
    YourFreeiStuff.com

I can honestly say I haven't seen any noticable increase in junk mail since signing up with the site.

They actually make their money through the perks they get for getting people to sign up for services/trials (like to Netflix/Blockbuster Online) and through the simple fact that most people who sign up and participate in offers never get enough other people to sign up, so participants don't end up getting the goods.

If you DO manage to make it all the way, however, they're the real deal. I actually got my first 20GB iPod that way (that was back in the days of monochrome iPod screens).