1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

feedback while playing my iPod while being charged

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by edisonjo, Aug 19, 2006.

1. edisonjo

edisonjo New Member

I've tried multiple chargers to no avail! Whenever I play my iPod while it's being charged, I get all kinds of feedback (static, hissing sound, high pitched noise) ... not really loud, but just enough to make me not want to play my ipod. It works fine when it's not being charged. It's like the prius is sending too much electricity to the ipod and it can't handle it. Does anyone share this problem?

I have a 2006 Prius (6 CD changer) with audio input in the middle console.

2. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do a search on Ground Loop isolator. You can find them at Radio Shack and Crutchfields.

3. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yep, agreed. Sounds like you're describing a ground loop, not feedback.

4. zibudog

zibudog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Aug 19 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]305986[/snapback]</div>
    Ground loop it is. Please post if you found an isolator and how it performed. I have that problem in my Sienna, and haven't used the cord with the Pod in the Prius yet.

Cheers!

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ran into the same problem and the one I mentioned at http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1...64&#entry228364 works great for me (except for having to have lots of different cables/adapters).

It's not worth the money for me to buy yet another one w/the right wires.

This needs to go in a FAQ somewhere!

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    and just to clarify, the Prius doesn't "send" any electricity to the iPod, it's a pull system, not a push. Instead, the iPod draws what it needs from the cars system. So there is really no way to send "too much" electricity to the iPod... it gets exactly what it needs.

7. edisonjo

edisonjo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cwerdna @ Aug 21 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]306582[/snapback]</div>
    Yep ... seemed to work great (barring all the new cables that I shoved into the center storage unit). Clear audio. Thanks everyone for the feedback (no pun intended)!