1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fender Bender- Repair Checklist Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by atroader, Jan 9, 2009.

1. atroader

atroader Engineer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings,
    Someone in my family recently got into a small accident with our prius- they are okay :). Pic attached. It was low speed luckily and the air bags did not deploy. Aside from fixing the general body damage- front bumper, fender, and headlight, is there anything else important that I should be sure the collision place checks / replaces? Under the hood, things looked great aside from the headlight pressing into the air intake hose. Of course I cant tell if there could be a crack in the A/C lines, condenser, or radiator, but it wasnt leaking any fluids.

-Where is the airbag sensor? and should it be replaced if near the damaged area

-Any TSBs I should get taken care of while at it? Will definitely get the coolant storage pump replaced- been squeaking when cold for a year now.

Thanks for listening...

Attached Files:

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It appears that the air bag sensor(s) are located inside the body beams, so it is unlikely that the RH sensor was affected by the damage. The manual says that the technician should perform a diagnostic scan to determine that everything is normal when there is an accident without airbag deployment.

The coolant storage pump is on the LH side, but you might as well get it replaced if possible.

Attached Files: