1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fender liner replacement

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by hilam91, May 22, 2019.

1. hilam91

hilam91 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hey all!
    I just bought my 2013 Prius used about a month ago. I've been really happy with it, but last week I heard a loud scraping sound while driving and apparently the front right fender liner had come loose and was dragging on the road! I went to a car repair shop and they were able to secure it but I'd like to buy a new one so this doesn't happen again (not to mention the front right is missing the fender liner too, so I need 2). I know I need to buy some kind of clips or screws too, but I have no idea what size/kind/how many I need. Any advice? There are so many different kinds of clips and I'm at a total loss.

2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Get the fender liners at a junkyard and the fasteners at a dealer. Will cost a little more but you will get the correct ones. Why are the fender liners missing/loose? Was the car in an accident?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    A good resource, though maybe a little short on fastener details. Think you want #9 here:

Fender & Components for 2013 Toyota Prius | McGeorge Toyota Parts

I've had that piece nearly completely off, and found one fastener, at the back of the wheel well nigh impossible to disconnect without destroying it.

#13 I think, is the tricky fastener, that you need to turn 90 degrees (counterclockwise?) to release.