1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fender Material

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by salsa, Jun 28, 2009.

1. salsa

salsa New Member

I have a 2007, and some time ago must have been hit by a grocery cart or something and have the tiniest little scratch and dent in my driver's side fender panel. Does anyone know if this is one of the panels that won't rust? It's been there for a while and because it's so small I don't really notice it, but if it's going to rust then I should probably get it fixed asap. Also, if it has rusted, will the whole thing need to replaced or is there another way to go about that? It's really really tiny - smaller than a grain of rice, but it looks like it might be grey underneath (which unfortunately I'm guessing means it could rust!)

THANKS!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    All body panels are steel except for the hood and hatch which are aluminum. If in doubt, use a magnet on the panel in question.

Surface rust is no problem, the refinisher will sand down to bare metal then repaint. If the rust is extensive then it may be necessary to replace the panel.