1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Filled up my Prius for the first time

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sea-horsea, Sep 8, 2007.

1. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

Ok I filled up my Prius for the first time since I got the car last week. I filled it with 3 bars left on the dashboard and it was 6.924 gallon with 322.4 miles travled. That came out to be about 46.6 MPG...

Whats funny was that I started the pump and went back to my car to check out the features that I haven't fully explored for my Prius...and in NO TIME the pumped stopped.....At first I thought something's wrong with the pump because it shouldn't stop so quick..then i went out to check and realized I am driving my PRIUS!!!(I had a Honda Pilot before I got the Prius). Its too sudden to me that I didn't realized i was pumping my prius.

I am impressed...Its only the first tank and from what I read it should get a little better after the car breaks in....Thanks to the forum where I Learned how to drive the "Prius way" before I purchase it and has been practicing it the moment I got the car...haaaa...this is fun...this is really fun....

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL!! Yea, it's almost a race for me to see if I can get the front windshield cleaned before the pump ticks off! Never get to the back window before it's full even on the low setting.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 8 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]509191[/snapback]</div>
    I do the same thing. Kind of funny that we can even be mildly annoyed by something like that. :)