1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

filling gas tank of Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by calwillnol, Jun 4, 2006.

1. calwillnol

calwillnol New Member

After we have gone about 300 miles in our Prius, we try to add extra gas. But the nozzle clicks off after evry 1/10 th of a gallon. It's frustrating. No matter how careful we are, it just keeps shutting of. Other Prius owners tell us the same thing, It's very frustrating. We are not trying to overfill the tank...we are just trying to put gas in the tank.

Any suggestions?

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've experienced this on rare occasions with other cars, but not yet with the Prius. I'm sure you've already tried some of these things, but try reseating the nozzle and/or try a different pump. That seemed to do the trick for me when I had the problem with other vehicles.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So far I only had that happen once in 10,000 miles. I think it was the particular gas station or nozzle. Or it could be some wierd trapped air or something in the tank. Try another station. I've gone back to the same station and same pump, with no other problems.

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ripken2131 @ Jun 4 2006, 12:42 AM) [snapback]265472[/snapback]</div>
    I agree. It happened to me at a gas station I used to routinely go to. The new sand refinery next door had contaminated their sensors so bad (obvious filth from a very stormy day before) that 2 pumps the same visit gave me that filling grief.

So I drove to the same brand station just down the road and finished filling up effortlessly. It was most definitely the pumps, not the car.