1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Film peeling on driver's side window

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dmaxdmax, May 17, 2011.

1. dmaxdmax

dmaxdmax Junior Member

There's a film peeling off the inside of the drivers window. I didn't even know there was a fim there, I assumed the tint was in the window itself. It appears that it is shrinking away from the left edge and along the top of the window itself. The piece along the top edge has peeled off and is now actually flapping in the breeze! 1/8 to 1/4 inch, tops.

What's up? Thanks.

2005 - 90,000 mi

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Did you purchase new?

3. bogeybob513

bogeybob513 rtc513

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I also had that happen on my 05 Solara, but it was because I had the windows tinted after I purchased the car.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There should be no film on the car unless the dealer or someone else tinted the windows. My 2005 had no film on it at all. I know because I tinted my windows and later had to scrape it off after getting two tickets. There was no other film on the window except the tint I had installed.

5. dmaxdmax

dmaxdmax Junior Member

I purchased new from the dealer and the tint is so light that I didn't know it was there. Could this be some new car protection that they were supposed to remove before sale? I'm thinking of that film that's on tv screens that you peel off during/after setup.

I'm headed there later today to get the inverter pump thingie fixed/replaced. I can ask them about it but was afraid of getting some horror story about the window needing to be replaced!

Thanks again.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd just peel it off then clean the window really well with an adhesive remover if needed. Maybe you could have the dealer do your transaxle fluid while you're there. You're about due if you have not done it yet. :)