1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Final check list before the long awaited day.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SynergyGuy, Dec 12, 2004.

1. SynergyGuy

SynergyGuy New Member

I've been reading for months the messages in these forums about opinions, stories and all the excitement around this remarkable vehicle and finally I will have the opportunity to drive my own tomorrow!!, brand new, 2005 package BC. It came out in "Driftwood Pearl" color which is not exactly what I was looking for but honestly is not a very important factor for me.

So, before I let myself go with all the excitment I decided to drop a note to this forum and ask for your opinion about things that you'd recommend for me to check out at the dealership when receiving the vehicle. Any particular questions I need to ask the sales person, or any particular check to the vehicle itself? in general, any gotchas?

Thanks,
    Ready to share the joy! :p

2. tag

tag Senior Member

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I could take the time to look up all the threads with important information, but like you have stated, there are tons of them in here. Here are some things I would recommend:

* You do not have to buy the extended warrany at the time of purchase. If you plan to purchase extended warranty, take a printout of Danny's warranty info. Some dealers have matched it. It's better for them to match the deal than to lose a sale.
    * Take a tire gauge and napkins. Check the air pressure and don't leave until the front tires are 2 psi higher than the rear. Let them know that you know what you're talking about. The napkins are to check the oil. I had to go into the dealer's bathroom for paper towels. Not quite as professional.
    * Make sure you get manuals, valet cards, and something nice to keep your manuals in. Some people have stated that they were handed lose books. I think this is unprofessional on their part and you should tell them as much.
    * The sales rep will probably tell you about a referal program. If he does this up front, mention your friends when he does something right. If something looks to be turning sour, again mention your friends.

I had to keep myself in check the entire hour I was at the dealer picking up Priapus. As much as I wanted to run around the dealership telling everyone that my Prius is right over there, I maintained composure and completed the transaction for what it really was: deservant of the almost $30,000 I was paying for the car. If afterwards you remember something, do not hesitate to go back. When you are making a purchase of this magnitude, by God you deserve to be treated right.

Oh, and uh, post pictures! :)

4. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

I'm sorry, but I can't put this off any longer. This message is to TonyPSchaefer, "Proud father of Priapus." Do you know who Priapus is? Do others? I really don't like to think of my car as a giant erect penis.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :mrgreen:

In another thread, I just mentioned that I saw a window sticker referencing LoneStarRunner and was honored in knowing that I might be one in a thousand people who actually know what that means.

Those don't know much about Greek mythology think that Priapus is just some fanciful and creative play on the word Prius.

Those who are well versed on their Greek mythology know that Priapus was considered hideously repulsive, was rejected by his family, and sent to live with elves. He was impotent for much of his life until one day when he got an erection and later realized that it was never going away. Not only was his phallus large, it is often referenced as grotesquely oversized.

Those who know me well. . . Well they see the connection. :oops:

Actually, the original reason for naming my car Priapus was in reaction to the perception that men buy muscle cars to compensate for their small penises. One can only draw the counter-argument about men who buy not-so muscle cars.

6. SynergyGuy

SynergyGuy New Member

Excellent, thanks for the replies. I've alredy gone through some of the documents and the are very helpful.