1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

finalizing deal on used 2007 Prius from Penn Toyota in NY

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by wetzelkm, Sep 27, 2013.

1. wetzelkm

wetzelkm New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!

Today I will become the owner of a beautiful 2007 Prius (76,000 miles for $10,980)

9416476_o.jpg
    9416478_o.jpg

I pick up the car today and wanted to know if there is anything I should look out for. I test drove
    the car, but not on a highway. It drove just fine as far as I could tell, but I have never driven a Prius before so I don't exactly know what to look out for.

I read on here that there is a way to test the 12V battery, so I want to do that before finalizing the deal. It seems from the service history that the car was well maintained, although I don't see 12V battery replacement in the Toyota records, so if it was done it must not have been done at a dealer, and at 76,000 miles I would think the battery might have been an issue by now or will soon become an issue.

Here is a record of all service at a Toyota Dealer:

PRIUS_service_history_1.JPG
    PRIUS_service_history_2.JPG

According to the carfax the car was purchased in June of 2007, so it would seem that I would still have almost a year left on the electric battery warranty of 8 years 100,000 miles. Does that warranty carry over to me as a used car buyer?

The carfax does report an accident, but nowhere in the carfax or the toyota records is there any info on accident damage if there was any.

Are there any other questions I should ask? Should I take any of the extended warranty coverage offered? I have heard that can get very expensive and often ends up being a rip off.

I am hoping they give at least a 30 day warranty from the date of the sale so that I can take it to an independent shop that work on Prius to get it thoroughly inspected for any potential issues.

Does this seem like a good way to proceed? I would love any and all advice from other Prius owners.

Thanks,

Kelly