1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally a Prius Owner - 2010 IV with SR

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BeakerTX, Dec 17, 2009.

1. BeakerTX

BeakerTX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    After months of lurking on the list I can finally post as a Prius owner! First, thanks to everyone for the great information and helping me make an informed purchase. I think I ended up with the perfect car.

Details:
    2010 Type IV
    Sandy Beach (rare, but necessary for south Texas)
    Solar roof/nav (and now with Safety Connect!)
    Tinted windows (factory/port)
    Price: MSRP.
    Delivery: 6 weeks from order date, no deposit. (a miracle)

Extended warranty: Yes. Despite all of the warnings on the forums, I did purchase the extended warranty at the dealer, BUT for a good price. I came prepared, quoted the WarrantyShack deal, and walked out of there with the same platinum warranty for $800. Technically, it was more than that but purchasing the extended warranty dropped the financing rate considerably and resulted in a net increase in overall price of $800 for the final deal compared to the higher interest rate without the extended warranty.

Mods: I was ready for delivery and had stocked up on the essentials. Got home, took off the hub caps, popped in my center caps. Then popped off the emblems, made my vinyl cutouts, and the final replacement. Carbon fiber on the front and purple on the back (TCU Horned Frog pride!). I have a few other colors ready to go in case it grows old or I want a change. Next mod might be some fog lights.

So far so good with a few days on the road. I went through an exhaustive personal checklist before accepting delivery. 3 miles on the car when I first test drove it. 20 miles on it by the time I drove off the lot for the final time. No rattles, oil level is good, etc. Drives great, feels great, smells great....first new car in 12 years, so my expectations weren't too high. I love the SKS and bluetooth. iPhone syncs perfectly everytime. Never have to take the keys or phone out of my pocket!

Enjoy the pics.....and pardon the mess. It hasn't stopped raining since I picked up the car on Monday.

PriusChat Forums - BeakerTX's Album: 2010 Prius IV

2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Your combination of color and package is probably one of the rarer ones, so you can feel special! :p Congratulations -- it's a beauty!

3. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats! My III/NAV becomes mine tomorrow. Enjoy.

4. risingsun

risingsun seeker of the way

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats from one Sandy Beacher to another... Love that color. It was between the sun roof of the IV and the 17" wheels+fogs+LED's of the V for us, and the 17-inchers tipped the scales pretty easily for me.

Enjoy it!

5. risingsun

risingsun seeker of the way

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Never mind... Was commenting on your logo colors and then re-read your post...

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Niice! Rare combo indeed Is there another Sandy Beach IV SR on PC?

:welcome: to PriusChat!