1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

finally, a sighting and a wave!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fred, May 10, 2005.

1. fred

fred New Member

wow, could not believe it as i was leaving work i pulled up beside a brand new black prius with temporary tags on it. after waiving my butt off and honking they finally looked over in an uncomprehending way. then it dawned on them and i got a very pleasnt wave back. first time ive seen a black prius in nashville (not counting mine) black is beautiful :) :)

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    woohoo, another friendly driver of a black prius!

it is still rare that i get waves. i have had one in the past month or so. :(

i have seen one other black prius here in durham, and it was before i even got mine! hm. guess they're a rarity. i like having something different.

3. fred

fred New Member

aint no doubt about it we are bbbbbbad to the bone!! 8)

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't believe it. There is good in all of you, I can feel it. Turn your back on the dark side.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Driving home yesterday, I was back and forth along side with a Classic. I kept looking over and wavings when I thought he was looking at me; he kept not caring. I was even on his left side only a couple feet from his face. Could he not tell there was a Prius beside him?

We were both stealthing through slow traffic. I thought it was pretty neat. Apperantly, I was alone.

6. Brian K

Brian K New Member

Fred I had an experience much like yours a few weeks ago.

Pulled up next to this woman and had to honk twice before she finally realized there was another (GOLLY!) seaside pearl Prius on the road. Her face lit up when realization finally hit. Naturally she was in the fast lane for many miles. At least she was smart enough to buy a Prius even though she was ignorant as to what was happening around her.

She survived the ride to pull into a parking lot.

I just don't get it. I can see Prii when I just see the roof in a parking lot, but others can't see them in full view. It isn't like they're common locally.

I guess it takes all kinds.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got frantic waving and honking from a non-Prius driver.

When I rolled down the window...turns out his wife drives a Prius and he wanted to know where to get a hybrid light bulb antenna topper. He gave me his phone number and when I got home I called and him about ToothYoda's topper on eBay.

I've given waves and gotten a few back. One from a startled driver of a white Prius driving off from Taco Bell. At first he was surprised, then a big smile and wave. But no one has actually waved at me first.

8. dipper

dipper Senior Member

I got a cop waving at me in his cruiser on US34 in Iowa driving in the opposite direction.

I am treking from San Jose, CA to Fairfax, VA now.

My first wave from someone (and a smile).

9. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

I a wave yesterday from a brand new owner of another Salsa. Or maybe we were just pointing at each other and saying "Look another red Prius!!". Anyway, there was some definite hand movements.