1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally downloaded E815 (verizon) into 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Syclone, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I had been reading all of the posts concerning getting a phone book from a Verizon phone into the Prius. Nothing seemed to work. Finally, I used DataPilot, which I already owned to download the E815's phonebook into a PC. I converted the phonebook into a Vcard file ( This has been on various threads on this forum )

I bought a Sony-Ericcson T68i GSM phone on Ebay $40.00 and a SIM card (10.00 with 10.00 worth of air time also on Ebay) with a prepaid phone number, and no fees to the carrier - Cingular. I didn't need the live SIM, but that was the only way to get one.

Found a Utility (free for 30 days) called Blue Sender that doesn't even need pairing to upload the vcard directory into the T68i.

Paired the T68i with the Prius and it took about 7 - 8 minutes to download the book.

I could have manually entered all 225 of the entrys that I downloaded in about 1/100th of the time that I've spent to date to actually do the download. But that's how it is with obsessions.

I'm using a D-link DBT-120 bluetooth dongle, if anybody is interested. A lot of problems with the included Widcomm drivers - The generic Microsoft drivers seem to work much better.

The T68i cellphone will come in handy when we travel, because it's a completely "unlocked" phone. It just needs a SIM in any country in the world to get "on the air" ( This is my way of trying to convince myself that that expenditure wasn't really related to downloading the phonebook.)

Now I can go back to my other obsessions.

Sy Cohen