1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally got my Prius after 3 months wait!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dn6603, Jan 22, 2006.

1. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

I picked up my 06 Black exterior, Gray Interior with package 5 and i have to admit its a thing of beauty. I look for an excuse to go out and drive and today actually this couple were asking me where did i get the cool/cute car? What is it? How is it? I was glad to help them and get another potential Prius owners. But i am wondering somethings. I set up the Bluetooth and i can make/recieve calls but sometime when i am driving for a while and i want to make a call none of the buttons on the touch screen are activated except the call log and thats only the last number i dialed. I can only fix this after i turn my car off and on. Secondly when i select the Auto climate it always selects the air to come to our feet, and also turns the AC on if i select the air to come through the main ventilation or the main ventilation and feet the Auto climate turns itself off. The screen is really informative but i got my whole familys fingerprints on it, so i got Armor All Protectant Wipes and wiped everything including the dashbord. The dashboard looked good but the sliver area before the screen and the screen itself had residue, smear and streaks on it. I had a heartattack thinking i messed up the screen and went crazy cleaning it with a dry cotton cloth (you have to rub quite a few times to erase the streaks). But the screen looked good as new. Is this safe? Is there a better method? Also the last point the driver and front passenger armrest cloth looks like it will fall apart if you put arms on it a lot. Should i put something to cover it? Thanks for your help guys and i am really happy to finally own a Prius.

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Congratualtions!!! So there are black cars out there with gray interior! (I was told by a couple dealers they never see any)

I would like to know about the armrest covers too. My dog likes to jump up on it to look out the window when he's riding along. :unsure: I don't want him to get it all dirty.

3. notsure

notsure New Member

Go to LCDProtector.com, bought a cover for mine works great still gets finger prints but wipe off very with ease, don't have to worry about the real screen.

4. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

I got the screen Protector but when i try to put it the air bubbles mess it up no matter how careful i am.

5. notsure

notsure New Member

Did you clean it real good and then use a credit card to push the air out? Put one edge down and work towards the other edge.

This worked for me except one edge that got caught so it has one little blip on it.

6. Kestrel

Kestrel Bird geek

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think this is "safety feature"--it doesn't let you dial the numbers on the screen while the car is moving. You can dial from the call log or the phone book, but you can't "dial" a new number by pressing the number buttons. Try it when the car is stopped (but without turning it off and then back on) and see if that works, or enter a speed dial number or two. You can also upload your phonebook from the phone to the car, but depending on the phone and the provider you have, it can be a lot of work!

Congrats on the new car!

7. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

Congratz on the new car, a microfiber cloth should work better than just a cotton one to clean streaks from the screen. I use one on my PDA, cell phone heck just about everything works quite well I have heard just a little water works well too. I am glad to see someone who has been wating about the same time as me getting their car it helps me maintain hope that mine will arive soon.

I have been waiting 2587 hours (3.59 months) <sigh> enjoy your car for those who are still waiting <grins>

8. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

I actually ordered late September so it was only couple of days away from 4 months. Trust me its worth it. And best of luck when you get the car.

9. notsure

notsure New Member

Use a very fine very sharp needle to pop the bubble and than rub with cc again that will push the air out.

10. notsure

notsure New Member

Speed dial works while moving and voice dial

11. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

Being a carless person like me won't the needle cut through and scratch the screen?

Also is anyone elses light under the visor not working?

12. notsure

notsure New Member

Use one hand to steady the hand with the needle and gently push it in. Practice on a piece of paper over cardboard till you get the feel of that first little pop through.

13. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

Sounds good. Will try this. You have any answers for the second question? Thanks

14. notsure

notsure New Member

make sure the light slide is pushed over to on, mine works, when the mirror door is opened. ;)

15. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Go in an edit each contact and record a 'voice tag' for each person -- it has to be about the length of two words. Then, when driving, hit the "Off Hook" button, then the "Speech" button... you'll start getting prompts from the car and you can "Dial By Name" or "Dial By Number" where you can speak that voice tag or the number you want to dial.

It's pretty sweet.

16. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

Yeah i tried it for both of them. Maybe the bulb is fused :eek:.

17. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

Yeah i saw this. Looks interesting.

18. notsure

notsure New Member

Well take your baby in and have them look at it, should work

Glad you are enjoying it lots of fun. Play with your new car toy you will learn a lot.

19. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

This car is just amazing. I am so much in love with it. Now i know what i've been missing through these years. But better late then never :D.