1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally got my Prius II, now what do you think.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by joemiata, Mar 31, 2011.

1. joemiata

joemiata New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Greetings, Finally bought my new 2011 Prius II Blizzard Pearl. It feels like a space ship. Love it!!:eek: What a buying event. Dealers were not dealing, they all must have a secret club and pass the word to each "production is stopped so we'll raise the prices above MSRP. No one wanted to deal not thru Consumer Reports or Costco programs. Got one salesman to agree on a good price for a 2010 IV, another costumer out bids me, he's willing to go $1200 over MSRP if he has to. :mad: I so wanted the 0.0% financing. We move up to 2011 II good price below MSRP, can't agree on trade-in price go home empty handed. Next day we call back, tell him we'll take the car without trading in our car. Get this "we had a meeting this morning and all of our Prius's are now selling over MSRP" :eek: So no deal. Fifty miles away new dealer, offers a Prius $240 below MSRP, decide to get it while the getting good. I love this car. I will be checking Prius Chat often. Any tips on what to apply to the paint for my initial protection. Thanks Joemiata
    P.S. last car was a Miata (hence joemiata) will have to sell it myself 22 mpg:p

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard Joe... glad you finally made the deal. A good named wax will do the job. I like the liquid type myself.

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat. As far as what to apply to your new paint finish, search the threads as there are lots of "finish" affeciandos" here on the forum. Enjoy the high MPGs and technology. It's a a very addictive car and fun to drive.