1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally got my Prius on Saturday (from Dianne Whitmire of course)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by robby818, Aug 18, 2010.

1. robby818

robby818 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Finally got my Prius last Saturday. I say finally because I've been reading these forums for a long, long time now-- picking and choosing different trim levels, options, and accessories. I've been building lots of imaginary Priuses.:D

I got a V with Nav. in Blizzard Pearl/Mystic Gray. Three days in and I love it! It was my first new car purchase and thanks to the PriusChat forums and Dianne Whitmire it was a very pleasant experience.

Dianne and I emailed each other throughout the week, we agreed on a price and when I showed up on Saturday she was actually pulling my car around to her office so that I could inspect the car and she could show me how to use all of the features. I was a little uneasy about the interior color (having never seen Mystic Gray in person), but Dianne was very patient and she showed me the other cars on the lot so I could compare them and decide if I wanted mystic gray or not....no pressure whatsoever.

I thought I knew a lot about the Prius from reading these forums, but she showed me a few Navigation and Voice command features that I was not aware of. We programmed my home address into the Nav. and synced my iphone including downloading my contacts. She even put her number into the phone book so that I can call her if I ever have any questions!

She was true to word on the pricing, down to the penny. No games here. Closing was painless as well. They didn't sell the extended warranty too hard. It was a very efficient process once I decided on the color.

She sent me an email a couple of days later with tips on maximizing fuel economy and to see how everything was going. Exceptional service.

If you've been considering buying a Prius, make sure you talk to Dianne.

[​IMG]

Here's my new Prius next to my '95 Camry (187,000 miles) at Manhattan Beach Toyota. Minutes from going home with me :)

2 people like this.
  2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Rob, it was a pleasure meeting you (finally!) and happy to help you make the hard change from Camry to Prius. Your old car was like a family member after so many years... I sure felt for you.. losing an old friend. :)

Thank you for the kindness.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: and congrats! looks like you picked a winner!

4. BigBen

BigBen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats of the new Prius!

I'm almost ready to fly out to Cali and work out a deal with Dianne!!