1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally got our new Prius!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Fiveokit, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Fiveokit

Fiveokit New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We traded in our 2010 Mazda CX-7 (totally paid for) with 1000 miles on it last week. Be bought the Mazda 3 weeks before we knew were were moving to the DC area. After moving here, we found out having a Hybrid so you can use the HOV lanes on I-66 was a MUST. So, after emails and IM's to various dealerships, we picked up our 2011 II in Silver last week. Couldnt be happier about it.... such a nice driving car. I got 57 MPG on the 50 mile drive back from the dealership.... cant beat that ;)

2. Timw

Timw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! and enjoy!, waiting on mine still, supposed to have the next one in at the dealership, hope it's not to delayed.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

4. Fiveokit

Fiveokit New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Tim- they have a TON around here. I was looking at 4 different dealerships and every one of them had the car I was looking for. We really wanted a III but could not justify paying $1000 more for it. We will apply that extra $1000 to an extended warranty. It is just a commuter car anyway. I have all the bells and whistles on my minivan :)

Spider- Thank you... I am surprised at how much I live driving it! It is a MUCH better ride than the mazda was.

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well that is interesting indeed. What happened to Zoom Zoom? :)

6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

7. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! Congrats!

8. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius. Now you're in the fast lane with the cool crowd.:D Welcome to PriusChat. Enjoy the high MPGs, technology and low-emissions.

9. Fiveokit

Fiveokit New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Spider- our zoom zoom zoom was doom doom doom on gas! Little 4 cyl was getting 22 mpg at best!! I know the engine only had 1000 miles on it but lordy!

Thank you everyone else for the welcome :) I love all the smart a** comments we have been getting from haters about buying a "Prius". I just laugh..... and will laugh harder when they are filling up their gas hog every few days at $90 a pop!! hahahaha :D

Now, I DO have a minivan but I we have no way around it. We have a 4 yr old and 15 month old twins. I cant get both car seats and the booster in the back on most sedans. BUT, I am a SAHM and only fill it up about every other week.