1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally installed Toyota Canada BSM on my US car (and hood deflector)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pdxrose, Aug 27, 2009.

1. pdxrose

pdxrose New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Pics: imported Toyota Canada OEM Body Side Molding & Hood Deflector

After much debate about BSM, yes or no, Sportwing or go outside US, finally had my BSM ($103 US) installed. Thanks to members who posted info about their experiences. I also purchased a no drill hood deflector ($79 US) from the one local dealer who had a couple. It looks very close to T Canada so decided to pass on the hassle of importing. Learned more about harmonized codes and tariffs then ever imagined existed and now see why people don't "just" order assessories not available here from Canada. Would have not taken much longer to drive up to BC and have it installed :eek:.

Special shout out to Kevin at Open Road Toyota Port Moody, BC, for working with me. Most other dealers would not ship to states (can't say I blame them). The dollar cost of importing was nominal ($20 UPS ground with tariff) but it took hours to figure out how to do it and create an invoice with enough info so that customs would not open and damage. UPS, Fed Ex, and the web were sorely lacking. I finally spoke with a lady at the US Embassy in Toronto and a customs guy in northern WA :D

I went with the thinner profile molding then Sportwing (2x+) due to my color. As for HD; not in to film, so thought it was worth a shot. It blends right in (yes, I realize I may loose mpg :), but its small so will be interesting to see if it does much good. If anyone wants info on how to import, send me a PM.

Attached Files:

lensovet, Edward Walsh and Sphyrna like this.