1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally Legitimate Member

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aubergaz, Apr 30, 2006.

1. aubergaz

aubergaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I guess I'm finally a legitimate member. Took delivery of our Package 7 in Magnetic Gray on Friday night.

Did a lot of reseach locally with our 8 or so dealerships in the Phoenix area.

Had a GREAT experience with Avonale Toyota, about 10 miles west of the city and about 15 miles from me.

Dropped by and asked about a Prius. My salesperson (Grady Watkins) introduced himself and explained they were a one price/one person dealership. On the Prius that meant MSRP, but no 'market adjustment' no required packages like 'Paint Protection'. Just the price on the sticker Toyota! (in my case that meant $186 for mats which I was going to get and $65 for the applique on the rear bumper which I wouldn't have ordered)

He would be the only person I would deal with. No "let me run it by my Sales Manager" techniques. No high pressure tactics. They asked for a $500 refundable deposit to get on the list and would try to match my desires with their allocation each month.

Called them on 4/19 to give my $500 and check allocation for April/May. Was told he would have allocation info later that day. Called me about and hour later and said, "It's your lucky day, we've got a #7 in Magnetic Gray due by the end of the month. It's yours if you want it." Done deal. Drove it off the lot on 4/28! Only extra was $199 for window tinting. (That's a requirement here. Yes, it's a 'dry heat', but so is a Kemore oven.)

I traded in an 02 Jaguar X type 3.0 that I've had about 3 years. I really wanted the Prius at the time I bought the 'Jag', but the lease on my General Motors EV1 (a 6 1/2 year unbelievable experience with an all electric car. NO GAS for 6+ years!) required I return it before the 04 body style came out.

With gas essentially at $3.00 per gallon, I decided the time had come.

Still way too early for long term judgements. I think I've got a pretty good idea what to expect. Hoping for mid 40's to low 50's. Have a pretty short commute to work. 1st tank so far around 46.5 mpg. That is just about double the Jaguar which averaged around 22-23 in combination city/highway driving. Actually got 35 mpg on a couple Tucson trips which are pretty flat runs.

Looking forward to ongoing info through this venue. It's been so helpful in answering questions I didn't even know I would have.

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Congrats on your Prius, and welcome to PC! You DO look pretty legitimate. :lol:

Boy, did you luck out! For every woeful long-wait story here, there seems to be a "you won't believe this, but..." to offset it.

There's an EV freak here (who also just bought a Prius) named darelldd. I think he sleeps with a sensor that buzzes him when someone posts here with "EV" in their message. So you should be hearing from ol' darell soon.

Bet you can get 55 MPG easily on a 55 MPH run to Tucson---before it's in the 90's every day so you don't have to use the AC all the time.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aubergaz @ Apr 30 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]247736[/snapback]</div>
    Everyone who has a genuine interest in the Prius is a legitimate member. Danny, who owns this site, didn't have a Prius himself for the longest time after he built this site.

Congratulations on your new car. Have fun!

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome, and congratulations! I was a member long before I took delivery of my Prius. I think I joined up here ~Aug 05 but didn't get my car until Feb 8. Gleaned lots of valuable info in the months while I was waiting...