1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally picked mine up!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wacko999, Sep 18, 2004.

1. wacko999

wacko999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    After 6-1/2 months, I finally got my Prius today. I have a total of 18 miles on it. I am intimidated as hell! Any words for us newbees?

2. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Dean: The wait must have been hell. I'm ( and my better half) anxiously awaiting ours in mid Oct. Would like to hear about your initial experiences.

3. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congratulations. Don't push it or brake too hard for the first 200-600 miles. Which option package and color?

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My advice:

Read the owner's manual. Play with the features while you're parked. Don't try to figure out the stereo or other stuff while driving.

Just drive it like you'd drive any other car. You'll get used to it soon enough.

5. wacko999

wacko999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    After 50 miles, I think that I am getting the hang of things. It is pretty slick!
    One thing that I am a little confused about is that is seems like ICE always runs except when in reverse and when at a stop light. Is this normal?

Gurmail - I have a BC #9 package. I had requested either silver/gray or white/gray. I ended up with the white.

6. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Wack,

It's much more fun to not read the manual and discover things as you go along.

A couple days ago I quite intentionally discovered that if you hold the "MODE" button for a couple seconds, the audio system will turn off! I'm sure it's in the manual :roll: but after 6,000 miles (in two months) it's fun to be surprised. :mrgreen:

50 miles after owning the car a couple days? You should have bought a Hummer if you're only going to drive that much :) Sheeze... go for a ride fer cryin out loud!

=paul=

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel\";p=\"40438)</div>
    Yep keep your eyes on the road. I almost lost it between Helena and Missoula driving home with my new car. I was watching what ever, and not the road, not a good idea on a winding mountain road at 70 mph. Yes those of you who have not visited Montana the day time speed limit on a two lane is 70 mph. Keep your eyes on the road. And just drive it. The rest will come with time grasshopper.