1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally picked up my Prius today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by steviet, Aug 4, 2006.

1. steviet

steviet New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey Everyone,

3 months, 2 dealerships later I finally have the Magnetic Grey #4 I wanted, it's an amazing vehicle. It was such a pain in the arse getting this car, I'm glad I finally have it..

I ordered the mud flaps, dealer installed, and they told me today when I went to pick up the car that they can't install them, they are only done at the factory, the sales woman didn't realize that? Strange... Anyway, I ordered them today from this sites store, I ordered the side molding the other day when the dealer told me $299 installed java script:emoticon(':unsure:', 'smid_13') So I'll be installing them myself.

Coming out of a Honda Accord, the Prius interior is very nice and comfortable, stereo is no comparison, blows the Honda setup away.

I need to search around here to find that clear applicator to go on the bumper.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you know the Prius Fan Base has grown by one more!

Steve

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha.. funny. Mudguards are dealer-installed. Even here in Canada where they're standard, they don't get installed until the car reaches the dealership.

Anyway, congratulations on your purchase and since I haven't seen you before (but you've posted 5 times already), Welcome to PriusChat!

3. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steviet @ Aug 4 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]297933[/snapback]</div>
    First & most important of all, welcome to PriusChat!

Curious as to the "2 dealerships later" part of your post. Care to elaborate?

4. steviet

steviet New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 4 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]297939[/snapback]</div>

Thats what I thot too, tideland... After it's all said and done I'll have saved myself $175 buying the moldings and mudflaps here and installing myself.

Thanks for the welcome also, seems like a good group here.

Steve

5. steviet

steviet New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starfall @ Aug 4 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]297977[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered a car at dealer 1 and it never came in, 3 months later I went to another dealer and got this one in 3 weeks. Not a good experience at delaer 1 to say the least.

Thanks for the welcome..

Steve

Edit: Spelling