1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally put an end to the dreaded warnings... again.

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by MSantos, Sep 25, 2009.

1. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Anyhow, last week I had scheduled an appointment with my dealer to get the reverse buzzer along with the seat belt warning changed.

At the time of the booking the service advisor did not know if what I was asking for was possible. Well, I assured her that it was possible and I would even bring screenshots and directions on how to get it done.
    I also had the plastic trim (garnish) over the radiator loose with equally loose clips (had lost one already) and I needed them to place a new set of better retainer clips.

Anyway, today the technician was not sure what I was asking for let alone how to accomplish it. In the end he was able to achieve it by just clicking on the warnings button and then toggle the appropriate buzzer settings. I asked him to suppress the dreaded reverse buzzer and also lower the seat belt warning to something far less aggressive. I decided not to suppress the passenger side warning as well as a handful of other warnings that could be configured. Maybe sometime in the near future.

The result so far? Heaven!!!

In other words, well worth the time. Total cost? $0.

Cheers;

MSantos