1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally saw one in the wild!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LisaMurray, Feb 26, 2005.

1. LisaMurray

LisaMurray New Member

Believe it or not, I just saw my first Prius "in the wild" yesterday. I can't help but be curious if it was someone from PC. It was a Tideland (first time seeing that color--I like it!) on I-95 South in Milford, CT at about 4:30 pm. Had Massachusetts plates.

Lisa

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Pretty exciting, eh?

The first time I ever saw one, I quite literally jumped out in front of it. I figured she'd understand and stop. She did. (Phew!) Back then, there was only a handful of owners. (In fact, she was actually driving the very demo model I had driven before getting my own Prius.) Now, I see several per day.

With the popularity of Prius still climbing up (even before the new marketing campaign has begun), it won't be long before you see them everywhere. Hooray!

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    As I posted before this is a green town. Lots of Prii around as well as Insites and HCHs. We even have a few home brew electrics and our busses use Bio-diesel. We even have a few demo hybrid busses.

4. Leomania

Leomania New Member

Oh my goodness -- you can't go a hundred feet and fail to see a Prius around here (note: "here" == "S.F. Bay Area"). They're everywhere.

And mine makes one more, I'm happy to say.

- Leo

5. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

I'm on the southeast side of the bay and I have to agree that Prius sightings are becoming more and more common. I parked next to a blue one at Santana Mall today after I had been passed by a black one on the freeway and passed a brand new Tideland (gorgeous!) on Hwy 17 a little later. We are becoming quite common place. Saw quite a few in Monterey yesterday - including a white one at Del Monte Mall that had white stickers on it. My daughter was driving so I didn't see what it said exactly - "Support --------- .com-----" I imagined that it was about PriusChat.com but maybe not. Was that one of our members down there?

6. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

I saw a white one today while I was sitting in the vast acrerage of the WalMart Supercenter parking lot waiting for my Girl Scout cookie selling daughter to finish her shift.

And I got to thinking about something, people paint smaller rooms white to make them looke bigger, so the white Prius looks largest.

Of course I am still thrilled about the Salsa Red I ordered.

7. myride

myride Junior Member

first things first........ was anyone on the chat here at the Medieval Times in Dallas last weekend (2-20-05) ??? i was not in my little baby (seven people in a suburban and i would not do that to my little girl) but seen a black one, a tideland, and a silver one in the parking lot. mine is a silver 04 and i wanted to holler out during the dinner show that ""PRIUS RULES"" to see if any other owners would respond :mrgreen: . Now as for seeing them around houston... my doctors wife got an 04 and she loves hers and we talk about them every time i go in there. my doctor is getting the 400h when it comes out. i see them at the ihop and the grocery store on occasion. hope to see them everywhere soon. i hope to see non hybrids become the "omg look its a NON hybrid vehicle.... haven't seen one of them in years" car. i can dream can't i ??

8. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

Hi I can remember when we used to put gas in our cars.
    We will tell our great grand kids
    Ya I know that dream been there!! It will happen.

9. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    The Prius is still extremely rare in the motor city.

Which is fine with me...

At a car wash today, the guy who took my money asked me what I was driving.

Now when a guy who sees a thousand cars a day asks you, "what kind of car is this?" you know you've got something special.

10. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    I saw one once, about 5 months ago. Never seen another since.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

11. ssmithri

ssmithri New Member

I saw my first Prius in a state park in the Florida Keys and had a brief conversation with the owner. I think that this was the moment I decided that I had to have one.

The first time I actually saw one on the road was when I was driving mine home from the dealership!

I have now seen a handful in the Tampa Bay area (including one parked downtown last night with its flashers on!)

Honk if you are green!

12. Leomania

Leomania New Member

Say, something I've noticed on PriusChat is that there are a large number of posts from people who chose the Salsa Red relative to the other colors compared to the sightings I've made here in the Bay Area. I am starting to see a few more red ones around here, but when I was pointing out the Prius' I spotted to my daughters, it took weeks before I was able to point out a red one. Perhaps red just isn't a popular color around here; I know my red Audi A6 was pretty rare.

- Leo

13. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Prii are getting quite commonplace in the DFW metromess as well. It's almost like they all popped up overnight.

14. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Well, the red folks are obviously outspoken, opinionated, circle of influence types who lead rather than follow.

And just because they are opinionated, does not mean that the opinions match, ha!

15. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm not at all opinionated, I simply chose the best color Toyota offered. :)

16. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Up here, 300 miles north of SF, but still in California, Prii are becoming more common. The record is four sightings in one day. I picked my seaside blue from the Toyota color chip, and really like it, but now that I've seen all colors I think tideland and then salsa would be first choice. They are unique.

17. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wish I had one of each color

18. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

One of each color! Wouldn't THAT be fun!

Just think of all the mpg comparisons we could do.

I love my Salsa Red but the blue and tideland are quite nice, too. I'd take either of them.

19. Cyclesome

Cyclesome New Member

I live in Somerset County, Western Pa and have only ever seen one Prius in the wild! I followed the Prius until she stopped and had a chat with her owner. I don't own one yet. But after researching for two months now, I am having major Prius envy. I think the time has come to buy.

20. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

My luck she would call the cops for stalking, but it's worth the risk.
    Getter Done!!! (Larry the Cable Guy)