1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally Saying Hi! - 2011 Prius Four

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jevvim, May 1, 2011.

1. jevvim

jevvim Junior Hokie

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi Folks! Just wanted to come and finally share a pic of my new Prius, a blue 2011 Prius Four that I took delivery of at the end of February. I do a LOT of driving - I've put 7,000 miles on the car already, and I'm lovin it! (Especially the fuel economy :D)

The big things for me picking this car was the color (my prior car was a dark blue as well) and the Solar Roof package. I'm using the built-in nav more than I expected (I had been using TomTom on iPhone), but I really took it just because I had to for a solar roof. Getting into the car on a sunny day to feel the fans already running is different - and very cool!

I am running around 50 MPG on my freeway-heavy driving schedule, a nice improvement from the measured 30 MPG I got with my last car on it.

One thing I feel I've been silly with so far is being selective with the fuel. I've been using Shell so far, because they're a top tier brand and have their own "electronic check" card that saves 2 cents per gallon off the posted prices. That, plus the last time I filled up my old car before picking up the Prius was at a Shell station that had an advertisement showing how dirty valves can get in 5,000 miles with "other gas." *giggles*

I've been lurking around here a lot and have learned lots of bonus stuff about my new Prius! It reminds me of the tight Saturn community that existed when I picked up my last new car in 1999. Although driving our cars back to their home plant would be a bit hard until the hovercraft option becomes available!

Well welcome to May everyone! :cheer2:

Attached Files:

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard!

1 person likes this.
  3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat:welcome:

1 person likes this.
  4. RICKKONK

RICKKONK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Your Prius looks nice. I also have a 2011 4 but with out the solar panels or NAV. I've had mine for 6 weeks had have 5000 on it already. Just about all highway. I've been avg 48. I wish I can get more but the rain and the wind have been bad the last couple week. If yoy have any suggestions let me know.

Rick