1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally took delivery of our Prius III!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jestoy7, Jul 18, 2009.

1. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello everyone,

I've been posting here and there, mainly lurking while I shopped and waited for our Prius to arrive. We finally took delivery today.

(Interesting Story)
    We were going to trade in our 2008 Yaris for a $1,300 loss but while we waited for the Prius to come in, we decided to put it for private sell and hope for the best. Yesterday, I get a call from a local that was interested in the Yaris. This morning while I was showing him the car and out for a small test drive, Valdosta Toyota called me because the Prius arrived the night before and was ready for pickup. The buyer and I agreed and we went straight to my bank (he banks there too) and paid off the Yaris and he took delivery. Saving me $800! :rockon:

So now we are off on a 2 hour drive to pickup our Prius. We got there and Lindsey (sales lady) and Bryan (Internet Manager) had the car clean and ready. The paperwork had to be re-written to take out the trade and meanwhile, Richard the customer service guy, walked us through the car and he took out the Reverse beeper (single beep now) and the seatbelt warnings as per our request.

The car came in on a ship to Jacksonville 7/16 and was at Valdosta on Fri night. I sat in it with 1.7 miles, but took delivery with 2.2 miles (they gassed it up for me).

Here are some pics from our adventure today:

Car we sold
    [​IMG]

7/16 when the boat came into port. Cell phone pic from my office:
    [​IMG]

Prius (no name yet)
    [​IMG]
    Odometer rounded to 3 but it was actually 2.2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Wife's PT Turbo and the Prius
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happy Customers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Messing with the Bluetooth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of my weekend car(shameless plug)
    [​IMG]

I dont need to tell you guys how great the Prius is, but we look forward to many years of enjoyment. We will miss the Yaris, but we bought it knowing it was temporary and it only cost us $1k to own it for the year we had it. The Prius fills all of our current and future needs and I want to thank you guys for helping make this an informed decision.:D

2. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    So exciting!!!! :cheer2:

I love the pics! How long ago did you put in a request for the car?

3. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey Lora,

I tracked down the car on July 6th and called the dealer receiving it. They were so accomodating that I put a deposit (though they never ran my card) that same day. The car was supposed to be avail on the 27th, but I got it yesterday.

It is very exciting and your posts did not make the wait easy. :)

4. TKY

TKY Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Jestoy7, Pretty exciting. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Happy motoring --TK

5. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm so jealous Jestoy!!

I sent an email to my local dealer inquiring about the exact car I want. They always say (well most of them do) that they can get the car you want, so we'll see.

6. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, TK!

Lora, I don't know how it is in NJ, but don't be afraid to go to other dealers if you have to. If I waited on the first dealer I went to, I'd STILL be waiting. I'm not even kidding you, they still think I'm waiting for their offer despite me telling them that I already found the car.

Please let me know how I can help you, I know how you feel reading on here and still not having one. :)