1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

finally took the plunge....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by soberups, Jul 18, 2012.

1. soberups

soberups Junior Member

...today, and bought our first Prius. Its a new 2012 Prius "C" version 3 with keyless ignition and the navigation system. My wife will be driving it 90% of the time. We sold our '06 VW Jetta TDI because (a) we needed the $ to finance the Prius and (b) my wife's commute and driving style were simply not optional for getting maximum potential from a diesel. We both love the car, but its going to take us both some time to study the owners manual and figure all the electronics out. I am also struggling to get used to sitting at a red light and not hearing an engine running. Compared to our TDI, the Prius C is small and a bit gutless, but we arent aggressive drivers and our kids have grown up and moved out so most of the time it will be just the two of us in the car and for that purpose it will serve well. If we need to carry more passengers or cargo, we still have our Dodge Caravan and a truck. I am looking forward to being on this forum and learning more about this great car!

2. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations, and welcome aboard!

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

4. Reedja42

Reedja42 2012 Prius, Gen III, Barcelona Red, (FRED)

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations! New to hybrids myself, they take a little getting used to, but you'l learn quick. Also you will find lots of information here on PC.