1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally upgraded to a GenII 2008 package 2 prius. Yippie!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NinnJinn, Oct 17, 2013.

1. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With the crappy year I have had, wife having affair resulting in divorce, Her maxing out credit cards before divorce final resulting in bankruptcy, THEN 2002 prius needing an inverter plus dealership not giving much hope for the transaxle lasting 30k more miles, While I was sitting at my parents house visiting/pondering what to do. (Enough of the pity me crap. lol)

My father made the comment that my credit was good with him and we should see what we can find. I was surfing Toyota deals on leases/loans While my Dad was in the computer room/home office. The best thing I found was For a package 2 2013 prius. $3995 down and $249/month 3yr lease with a lease end purchase option of 15,995 I personally didn't feel comfortable with the payment amount to buy it out right. My father came across a 2008 prius package 2 with 29,xxx miles for $16,895.

We drove 112 miles to see the car and test drive it. I already knew it was missing the 2nd key fob, so I called my local dealer and they wanted $198 for the fob and $46 to program it. When it was time to sit down and do business, My dad told them I was buying the car and He was just the signer so to deal with me. After about 2 hours of haggling etc, 1/2 hour doing paperwork,

I walked out with a 2008 Classic Silver Metallic prius package 2 with 29,215miles. WITH 2 key fobs (replaced missing one with a new one), 5yr/60,000 mile platinum extended warranty, tax, title and all the other fees etc for $17,711.36 out the door.

Might sound high to some, not sure, But Personally I am happy with it and what I paid. I had every intention of giving them the $16,895 KBB retail was $17,012 So I feel I came out on top.

2. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
  3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's a good deal to YOU....then it's a good deal.
    Besides.....that G2 is just getting broken in, AND it's going to be inexpensive to operate.
    Win-WIn.

All the best!

4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice, Congrats!!!! :) You will love it once you get used to it.

5. DZD

DZD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear about all the crap you've gone through . . .

Happy to hear about the new car! Let's see some pics of your new baby! :cool:

6. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congratulations! Rest assured your new Gen II Prius Spaceship will be a very loyal companion and friend who will never betray you or let you down :)

iPad ? HD

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my daughter drives my old 08, great year. all the best!(y)

8. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations! Sounds like the bad news has been countered by the good news. Enjoy the new ride... my own 2008 has similar mileage to that of yours and it still feels similar to driving a new car. Wishing you many, many trouble free miles and a better road ahead!