1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finaly I installed seat covers

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Former Member 68813, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish I did it on the day 1. After 3 years of daily commuting, the drivers seat is gray-yellowish. I tried to clean it a few times with steam/vacuum carpet cleaner with small a handle attachment and also used ScotchGuard upholstry cleaner spray. I could not clean it 100% to match the other, rarely used seats.

I know people have great reviews on wet okole covers, but I'm not sure I want to spend $250 to see if like seating on synthetic rubber in hot humid weather.

I went a cheap route: $30 FH brand model FB107102. Available on ebay, amazon, and other places. I got mine from overstock because I had credit on my account.

Surprisingly easy to install if you don't mind bending under the seats. The fit is not bad, but it doesn't confirm 100% to all seat convexities, especially in the back rest and the head rest area. Too bad it covers the head rest completely. It's supposedly OK for side airbags.

The fabric appearance is not bad in the front, but cheap in the back. The touch is unmistakably 100% polyester. However, I bought them for protection and not esthetics.

Attached Files:

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not too bad for a low cost alternative to more expensive options.

Seems to coordinate nicely with your light and dark interior.

I'm kind of like you. I actually don't mind the cloth interior that comes standard on The Prius. So I'm just going with it. If someday in a few years the upholstery deteriorates to the point that I can't clean it back to acceptable levels? Then I figure I can always consider Clazzio's or other cover options at that time.

But actually in the meantime, I like the base cloth upholstery. Cool in summer, hopefully warmer in winter, and so far for me it seems pretty durable and cleanable.

3. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    During the hottest of the summer months, I actually use those cheap, wire and mesh lumbar supports. I think I paid a whole dollar for mine at a local Dollar Tree.

It's not that I think I really need it....for lumbar support, but the mesh and the slight gap it creates keeps me cooler in the summer.

Lindsi likes this.