1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Find Prius V with AT pkg? New England Area

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ru4bud, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ru4bud

ru4bud New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I know these are hard to find but did Toyota really not want to sell high end Prius. I need to find one and I will travel if necessary but don't know the best way to find one. Everyone blames distribution from Toyota. Is this true TOYOTA?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm clear across the country from you but I've never seen one at a dealer around here either. I have only seen one Prius V and it had no ATP or Nav, it sold within a day or so.

I ordered my car with ATP and if it arrives on time it will be 60 days from the day I placed the order.

1 person likes this.
  3. nparker13

nparker13 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'd ask your dealer to order it. They are making <2% i believe with ATP (of all models/packages).

1 person likes this.
  4. jaws3

jaws3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I looked for a long time to find a V is ATP, could not find, was unders pressure with Cash for clunkers program. I would V with right color and NAV and went with that instead. 4500.00 off in hand is better than ordering and getting no price break. I wish you could add ATP at dealer but no dice. Good luck on your search.

1 person likes this.
  5. ru4bud

ru4bud New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for info. My problem is after waiting 7 weeks my dealer has given up and said his allocations would not have one as Toyota rep said they are unavailable. Can this be true did mine get sold? So many questions when sales people do not have the facts or they choose to l__.

6. gwmccue

gwmccue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I ordered my Prius V with ATP in June and picked it up on Friday. It took 8 weeks. The dealer (Old Syabrook, CT) said it was only the second V with ATP they had seen. They have two more on order. I checked their inventory every day for the entire 8 weeks. I saw 1 IV in that time. The rest were II or III. The Prius V is rare in New England.

7. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Prius V is also rare here in Texas.

I ordered mine through my local dealership. The June allocation for the entire Gulf States region showed 63 Prius V's (all with ATP) (out of a total of 1500 cars) which were spread across their 143 dealerships. There was only one in that allocation which was in the color I wanted. Somehow, my dealership was able to get it for me. It took about 10 weeks from the time I placed my order until I got my car.

Here is a strange coincidence. Today, I went to lunch and parked at the back of the parking lot. When I came out of the restaurant and looked across the parking lot, I thought I was seeing double. There was another Blue Ribbon Metallic 2010 Prius parked right next to me. When I got to my car, I looked at the car next to me. It was also a Prius V with ATP! This car had a temporary tag, so it was brand new. I guess someone else in Austin was lucky.

Toyota is producing Prius V with ATP - just not in very large quantities. I suspect your dealer could do more to satisfy your order. If not, try another dealer.

Also, the Prius V has never shown up on the GST (Gulf States Toyota) Build Your Toyota page. Se, even though they don't admit the Prius V exists, they are importing and selling them. I suspect the same is true for your sales region.

If you can't get what you want locally, you might try contacting Dianne Whitmire or one of the other dealers who post here on PriusChat. They might be able to get the car you want and ship it to you.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  8. gwmccue

gwmccue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I ordered my Prius V with ATP in June and it arrived last week (8 week wait). Mine was only the second V with ATP to arrive at the dealer in Old Saybrook, CT. I watched their inventory for the entire 8 weeks - Prius IIs and IIIs only. Prius Vs are rare in New England.

9. ru4bud

ru4bud New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Well after calling every dealer in New England I got lucky. I was surprized that Jackie took my name and info and a few days went by and Saco Toyota came through. I got eveything I wanted Prius V AT/Nav. I luv it. Most of all I found a great dealer and intend to travel and use them.

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congratulations! I have one too, came in Tuesday about a week early. Having a great time learning how to use everything.

11. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Hooray! So glad you got yours!! And before the USB and safety connect! :thumb:

:car:

12. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks LoraJ, yes I pretty much got everything I wanted and nothing I didn't want. Some of the port options were not what I ask for but I'm OK with that. They didn't install the security system but I can do that later if I really want it and I got a cargo net I didn't order but it might come in handy.

Only 7 more days for you, you'll love the car there great. :cool:

13. dfran1

dfran1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Falmouth Toyota near the cape has a silver AT Prius V left in stock.
    I am getting a white one that is coming in to them next week:D
    I am glad I did not get the $700 price increase for SC and USB that I will never use.

Good luck to all.