1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finding a Huper Optik dealer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kabiblueline, Jul 29, 2005.

1. kabiblueline

kabiblueline Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know a better way to locate shops that install Huper Optik window film?

Based on a the reviews posted here, I am very interested in tinting my Prius with Huper Optik film.

I went to their website... no way to search for local dealers.
    I filled out there web inquiry form and got a response that said they were "forwarding my info on to dealers in my area, and I should be contacted in 72 hours.." (why couldn't they just send me the contact info??)
    no contact.
    I replied to the corporate email saying I wasn't contacted... no reply..
    I tried calling the 800 number.. The sales manager (peggy ?something?) must be very busy because she never picks up her line and hasn't returned my call.

I'm about ready to forget them and get regular film, but I still think their ceramic film is more what I want...

Anyone have any ideas?
    Or, better yet, know of a dealer in the Colorado Springs or Front Range Colorado area?

(Oh, and I tried calling some local shops and so far none of them have even heard of Huper Optik.)

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't know about Huper...
    But if you can't find anyone, try getting SunTek carbon-dyed tint. It's more common and from what I understand, easier to work with. It's warranted against fade and peeling and bubbling. It doesn't block any GPS or cell phone signals. So far we've had it for 2 days and really like it.

http://www.suntekfilms.com

(no affiliation, just a happy customer)

3. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Here's a general website about tinting.

Reading this I get the impression carbon-dye isn't as nice as going metallic or ceramic.

I'm looking for Huper Optik tint place in Socal area myself too.

4. chanterelle

chanterelle Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    NuShrike -- There's a dealer in Costa Mesa that does the Huper Optik tinting called Wintech. I got mine done there last year, and have had no problems since then. There's a couple of installers there, one who specializes in Toyotas.

5. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What makes you think carbon-dye tint isn't as good? Take a look at the specs on my film vs their metallic.

Solar reject Reflectance(interior/ext) UV Reject
    Carbon35 42 5/5 99
    Metal35 49 10/18 99

My film comes with a lifetime warranty that includes any fading or bubbling. This is the same tint that local dealers are putting on their new cars around here. It keeps the car plenty cool on those 100+ degree days.

I don't see why there's a problem with carbon-dyed tint.

6. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Oh I do not know, I think I may have misread this page.

I'm a total noob when it comes to tint, so I beg your kind indulgence.

Currently I'm checking out Hüper Ceramic 40:
    55 9 99 w/ IR @ 80.

Makes me wonder why all cars just don't come tinted to begin with.

7. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    2 words, my friend:

Lifetime warranty.

If I'm not happy in 5 years... it gets replaced. Besides. They say on that page the "worst" dyed film. I believe I invested in a pretty good film. Like I said. I'm thrilled with the appearance of my window films. Does Huper offer a LIFETIME warranty against peeling, fading, color change, and bubbling?

And do tint guys want to deal with it?

I've heard nothing but complaining about Huper films. They're a pain to work with, people don't want to deal with them. Period. How happy is someone going to be about having to replace your film under warranty?

My tint guy has hundreds, if not thousands, of happy customers and all he uses is SunTek Carbon dyed film. But that may not tell you anything....