1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finding Part Numbers for Body Work (Bumper)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by fsu23phd, Jun 15, 2017.

1. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Greetings. I have a 2010 Prius II, and a wife who isn’t the most careful… I don’t know how to fix the latter issue, but the 2010 needs a new bumper cover. I found a guy who will do the work, I just need to order parts.

In ordering on Amazon, I noticed that there are several types, some have holes for fog lamps, some for parking sensors, some for headlight wipers, and the LED/Halogen bulbs seem to differ as well.

Despite my best googling efforts, I cant figure out which one I have. I have halogen lights, no fog lamps, no headlight waipers, no sensors… Is there a place that you folks know of to find the right part?

Thanks!
    Chris

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Mendel! I saw a similar interface. :) I can get to a screen where it asks me to select the options I have, I don't see options for no headlight waipers, so I'm not 100% sure I'll get the right part number...

:) I do have insurance, but I set it to a 5K deductable... I don't even know if the car is worth that much, and a claim would raise the rate anyway, I should just drop the insurance huh?... I buy my cars outright so I only want the insurance until they fall below 10K in value, and at that point the insurance would only matter in the event of a total loss....

Thanks again!

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Briefly:
    • You do not have LED Lights
    • You do not have fog lights
    • You do not have parking sensors
    • You do not have headlight washers (Pkg V has washers not wipers)

5. CNYhybrid

CNYhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2010 level II through IV should be identical bumper covers. Also look at Craigslist as sometimes people part a car out (in your case you would seek someone who had rear end damage). You may be coming across more than two part numbers due to paint codes?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys! I took a leap of faith and ordered one

:) Here is hoping. I will get it painted once the other parts arrive and pay a neighbor to reattach everything...

BTW, what do you think is a good price for painting a bumper cover and a fender? Has anyone painted their whole car before?

Thanks again.

7. CNYhybrid

CNYhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Prices vary so you should research and find a reputable body shop. The fender may be more than the bumper because they have to blend it in with any surrounding body panels (eg door or hood).

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  8. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Folks. I went to Macco. They charged me 1200 for attaching the:
    1) Bumper Cover
    2) Fender
    3) Wheel Well Liner
    4) Headlight

and to paint the whole car factory red. I would have changed the color, but they charge more for the door jams.

I will post a picture when it's all done. Can't wait to trade this in for a Prius Prime... I have had a 2005 (loved it), the 2010 (Grumble grumble grumble) and a 2016 (love it).