1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finished my cross country trip couple of months ago.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SigPrius, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SigPrius

SigPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My Prius ran fine all the way from CA to GA.
    I did run over truck tire treads which damaged my front spoiler, splash guard, both wheel shields and the two splash shields.
    The last thing I am trying to assemble is the splash guard with splash shields. Any tips? I can't find the right schematic that show how the splash guards/shields fit together and with what bolts/screws.

Also, its currently really cold in GA and I just heard about the EBH. What is the EBH and will it help me?

Lastly, I drive on a military base most of my day. The speed limit is 25MPH with a lot of stop signs. My MPG is suffering greatly. What can I do?

Cheers,
    SigPrius

2. CharlesJ

CharlesJ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The EBH is an engine block heater. It warms up the engine block itself, not the water in the radiator. Not sure at what temps it makes sense as I don't need one. ;) Also, depending on your electric rate, it may be expensive over time. Some can install it at home but you need to be handy:)

Longer trips would help with your overall mpg. Also, you may want to practice gentle take off from the stop sign so the engine doesn't come on so frequently.