1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fire Engineer's DNA distribution tour

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hsamrat, Aug 18, 2007.

1. hsamrat

hsamrat Junior Member

Fire Engineer made his first stop of his DNA distribution tour (known to some as the EBH install tour) at St. Louis. He went through his customary motions of installing the EBH and deposited more than the standard quota of his blood on various parts of my car's undercarriage.
    I will post pix real soon. I hope we can use this thread as a blog of Fire Engineers trip, so please add to this whenever possible.

I really want to thank him and his son for coming along and putting the EBH. He even picked up the EBH from Metro. Don't know how to thank him.

Also thanks to Danny and PriusChat.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good idea, he's due here in Springfield within the next 15min to 2 hours. What time did he leave St.Louis?
    Phil has at least 3 gorgeous racks of ribs on the Big Green Egg...that I won't be able to enjoy since I'm working. I'll meet up with him at my house sometime after I get off work a bit after 11pm.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Gross.

4. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Aug 18 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]498431[/snapback]</div>
    Another reason to get a red one. Maybe he'll run out before Albuquerque, mine's Silver!

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    should we make a list of blood banks along the way? take care of yourself Wayne!

6. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Have a safe trip Wayne & Rich!

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    last word is that Wayne was replentishing his iron deposits to facilitate production of more blood by consuming large amounts of barbeque ribs, ABTs (look it up), and other delectible treats at Phil's place.

I get off work in about 2 hours so hope to hook up with Wayne shortly there after either at Phil's or at my place if they can't wait until then.

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wayne hit the road from my place about 6:45am today. By the time I got home from work last night he and his crew (Wayne, Theresa, Judy,Richard) were catching some Zs. They were up bright and early. Unfortunately he was pretty pressed for time getting to OKC and on to New Mexico today and he didn't get a chance to change out my EBH cord for me...I'll take care of it next time it shorts out.

I've got a couple of pix of him loading up the car I'll post up in a little while.
    Oh, and don't ask him about the MPG he's getting.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Moving on to the West! Wayne and family arrived here at 12:00, after the install and some lunch they departed about 1:30pm. His planned next stop/install is Albuquerque. He plans on making by tonight, I hope they make it ok. (As we say in oklahoma "it's a fer piece").

Good luck on the rest of the trip, and thanks Richard and Wayne!

P.S (Added) Wayne has a great helper in Richard! Wayne did most of the under side and Richard worked the top. wayne does one heck of a job with the install. He brings his own wire loom material and wraps the electrical cord that runs on the top part of the engine compartment. It certainly is a expert install.
    Jim

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The saga continues...

I'm surprised he doesn't need to fold down the seats. I'm assuming there's even more block heaters in the bin below? lol.

11. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 19 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]498775[/snapback]</div>
    With 4 people in the car folding the seats isn't an option. You may notice that the ramps fit perfectly behind the back-seat. They packed lightly so there are only 2 carry-on size suit cases. And, yes, there are more EBHs in the 'hidden' cargo space.

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 19 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]498777[/snapback]</div>
    ahh.. I didn't know he took his family along for the trip too!

That's pretty amazing...

13. PhilCase

PhilCase New Member

Sorry about the delay in getting this posted. Here's a couple of Pics from Wayne & Crew's Springfield, Missouri pitstop. They arrived at about 6:30pm, and while the gal's headed for the AC comfort of the house, the guys wanted to hit the EBH first thing:

[​IMG]

Wayne and his son Richard did their well choreographed dance and had the EBH installed inside of 20 minutes.

[​IMG]

Wayne knocking out the underside work. Having already deposited his quota of hemoglobin in St. Louis, he was careful not to exceed his stately allocation.

The crew had been on the road a bit over 500 miles at this point, so they came in, cleaned up and took a break. We had a BBQ feast of goodies, then the kids enjoyed a movie while Wayne and I commiserated the foibles of the Vista OS.

They headed over to Evan's place about 10:30pm. After spending the night, Sunday's agenda is Oklahoma City, they on to Albuquerque, NM for the night. The Sunday leg is about 829 miles.

Phil

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hmm. If he leaves enough DNA in San Diego, can we clone him?

15. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Wayne, If you are able to read this thread, and you and the Gang are still coming through Mexico, MO.
    We will have a BBQ that evening. Your welcome to stay , only have 1 bedroom to give ya though.
    ( maybe I can get you to stay and help with the demolition and recontruction of the house. we are in the it's all a mess stage now) LOL

Don't lose too much DNA :)

Craig

16. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wayne and family rolled into Albuquerque around 9:15 pm. It took Wayne and Richard around 20 minutes to do install #33 (in the dark, Wayne can do it by feel) while the ladies chatted in the house. Wayne did a fantastic job, while not leaving too much blood, although he did leave some skin and a bandaid somewhere in the inner workings of my Prius. They got a belly full of homemade Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole and tortillas. I don't know how early they will leave their hotel tomorrow morning, they left here at 11 pm. Some pics....

[attachmentid=10782]
    [attachmentid=10783]

Attached Files:

17. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 18 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]498504[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm, ballet?

Way to go Wayne!!!

You should have hooked up a per mile fund drive for charity.

18. PhilCase

PhilCase New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patrickindallas @ Aug 20 2007, 12:20 AM) [snapback]499007[/snapback]</div>
    ABT documentation can be found Here

19. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PhilCase @ Aug 20 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]499100[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. Thanks for the link. While the actual recipe makes me gag (I can't take the peppers or the pork) it led me to the Big Green Egg at Primo grills. I refuse to use propane. I think it makes everything taste faintly of gas. I love cooking with coals. This is a fabulous grill. And they have three sizes. I wish I could replace my cheapie right now!

20. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Well, I was able to reach Wayne in time to prevent wasting his time, as I unfortunately have to be out of town this Friday. I guess I'll just have to muddle through on my own. :)