1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firefox 2 RC1 available!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Release candidate one is now available for Firefox 2. I have been running it exclusively for a couple of days with no problems.
    It's easy to back out if you have problems.

Give it a try.
    http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

New . . .
    Visual Refresh:
    Built-in phishing protection:
    Enhanced search capabilities:
    Improved tabbed browsing:
    Resuming your browsing session:
    Previewing and subscribing to Web feeds:
    Inline spell checking:
    Live Titles:
    Improved Add-ons manager:
    JavaScript 1.7:
    Extended search plugin format:
    Updates to the extension system:
    Client-side session and persistent storage:
    SVG text:
    New Windows installer:

Installing Firefox 2 RC 1
    Please note that installing Firefox 2 RC 1 will overwrite your existing installation of Firefox. You won't lose any of your bookmarks or browsing history, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available. Your copy of Firefox 2 RC 1 will be automatically updated to the final release of Firefox 2 when it becomes available.

Removing Firefox 2 RC 1
    You can remove Firefox 2 RC 1 through the Control Panel in the Start Menu on Windows, by removing the Firefox application on OS X, or by removing the firefox folder on Linux.

Removing Firefox 2 RC 1 won't remove your bookmarks, web browsing history, extensions or other add-ons. This data is stored in your profile folder, which is located in one of the following locations depending on your operating system:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks. Gonna gve that a go this weekend.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think I'll wait for the official release. Thanks for helping to test it, though.

4. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just installed.
    Any thoughts on why my address bar is really tall and how I can fix it?

I can't seem to be able to post, but my address bar is HUGE. All the text is the regular size, just with dead space above and below.

Thoughts?

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 29 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]325643[/snapback]</div>
    I installed it on both my Linux machine & WinXP here at work and I don't see the problem you're having.

What O/S are you using? Are you using any kind of large-iconed theme? Are you using small icons? Any way you can provide a screenshot?

Am I asking too many questions? :p

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 29 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]325643[/snapback]</div>
    Try right clicking just above that huge area, but still within the gray. Select customize. Now click and drag that huge box into the folder. Select the “location†box and drag it to the area you wish it to be located.
    If that doesn't work, I'd try reloading the program. It should write over the top of itself. Your bookmarks and other personal items are in a safe location.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Second to lastly . . . you could post you problem at http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=20070
    *People much more knowledgeable than me regarding Firefox issues.

Lastly . . . revert back to FF 1.X until 2.0 is released.

. . . but then that's me. Your pain threshold may vary. ;)

7. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 29 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]325643[/snapback]</div>
    What I meant was that I can't seem to post attachments. This evening or sometime over the weekend, I'll put the picture online and link to it. I can't get into my webspace from work.

I tried the customize, tried toggling settings. Turned the bar off and on again.

My tolerance threashhold is pretty high. For me, a bad Firefox day is better than a good IE day.