1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firefox and YouTube

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Feb 2, 2008.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This is weird: All of a sudden I cannot view YouTube videos with Firefox. The really strange thing is that I was watching a YouTube video with Firefox when all of a sudden it stopped. The little progress bar showed that there was still some time in the buffer, but the video stopped.

Now the embedded YouTube videos in PriusChat threads are blank, and threads with embedded YouTube videos keep trying to load but never end. The page keeps trying to load as shown by the little thingy that keeps going around and around. And when I try to go directly to the YouTube site, the page does not load at all. But Safari is able to go to YouTube, and shows the embedded videos.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11, which I think is the most recent, not counting the beta releases of Firefox 3. But again, I was viewing the videos, when suddenly they stopped working.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay. Sorry. I killed Firefox and re-started, and now YouTube works again. I'm as baffled as before, but I don't care, as long as everything is working again.