1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firefox update

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by rick57, May 13, 2005.

1. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just noticed the red update arrow at the top of my Firefox browser. Checking at the web site I found out that version 1.0.4 is out. Thought I would let everybody know, in case you don't keep up on the updates, :wink:

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    1.0.4 is another security update.
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/re...ases/1.0.4.html

The security vulnerability was leaked/disclosed to the public on Mother’s day weekend. The fix in 1.0.4 was released on Wednesday . . . less than a week . . . which in this level of computer programming is light speed. More important, the Mozilla Foundation immediately disabled the most egregious part of the vulnerability by tweaking the update.mozilla site which was made a potential pawn by the vulnerability. No known actual attack against Firefox took place. It was a proof of concept which showed the vulnerability, but it was squashed just the same. For Mozilla, security is job one!

These updates (1.0.1 - 1.0.4) have been of the security update variety.

Firefox 1.1, tentatively set for release in July, is a major update which will have bug fixes and some nifty usability upgrades such as much faster forward and back buttons, and best of all, Incremental Updates . . . which will greatly help those on slower internet connections . . . no more need to download the entire program for each minor update.