1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firefox

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by daniel, Sep 14, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A couple of days ago, using Firefox, which is my prefered browser these days, I was unable to post on PC. I can enter the site and read the postings, but there are no buttons for replying, editing, or new posts. The tiny icon that means "go to first unread post in this thread" is also missing. I figured it was either another hack, or Danny was working on the site and the work was incomplete.

Then I noticed that there are new posts posted, so I decided to try (uggg!) IE. And all the buttons are here. So then I decided to try from the other computer (my laptop, running Linux, on which I use Firefox also) and Firefox works fine; all the buttons are there!!!

So it's not PC. It's Firefox, but only the copy on my Windows desktop (soon to be a boat anchor: I'm expecting my new iMac this week or next). I have not intentionally changed any of the settings and I am using the same version on both machines, though of course the platforms are different. Build 1.5.0.6

Any ideas what's gone wrong?

2. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Have you tried clearing out your cache, it sounds like something got messed up in there.

Phil

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm having no issues.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I doubt it, but how about the "Load Images | Only from originating Site" setting? I thought I was doing good with that one but screwed myself up.

I'm having no problems with 1.5.0.6
    Maybe you'll just have to tolerate it for a little while and then upgrade to your Mac.

5. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No issues here with Firefox.

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    As I said, Firefox on my Linux laptop works fine and it's the same build. I guess I'll just use IE (or the Linux box) until my iMac comes. Not worth fussing with it for the few days remaining on this piece-of-garbage OS. (Windows, that is.) But FWIW, the same copy of Firefox that won't work on PC works fine on all the other web sites I use it on!

7. sfatula

sfatula Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 14 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]319605[/snapback]</div>
    Using FF on Macbook PRO, works good for me.

8. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 14 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]319605[/snapback]</div>
    I just got an auto-update to 1.5.07 ... maybe yours wasn't complete or something. Like others here, I'm not having any problems.

The other issue that sometimes crops up is with security software. If you've added any "privacy" software options, they sometimes will block images because there are "tracking .gifs" out there. Norton Internet Security does it on my boat building forums. If you have software like that, look for a config item where you can list sites to allow and put PC in there.

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks. That's useful info, but since this computer is going to be wiped and donated to a worthy cause as soon as my iMac arrives, I'm not going to bother trying to fix the Firefox issue. Between Norton and SpySweeper it would take far too long to try to figure out what's going on. (And good riddance to both!)

10. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just a thought - Are you logged into the site when you access it through Firefox on your PC? I only ask because a lot of the features you say are missing wouldn't appear if you weren't logged in and were browsing as a guest.

11. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 15 2006, 06:00 AM) [snapback]319995[/snapback]</div>
    Norton may be the problem if you are using anything other than their plain-jane Antivirus. Combine bloatware programs like that with an OS like windows, and you get some weird stuff happening for no discernable reason.