1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firemen's revenge ....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FloridaWen, Jun 21, 2007.

1. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [attachmentid=9091]

Attached Files:

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Do you know how many people do this? I have no sympathy for this driver. My husband would have done a lot worse to the car than they did. He probably would have walked across the roof with all his gear on - several times.

3. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm not sure (because you cannot see in this picture) but MOST of the time the curb is painted with yellow, signifying a NO-PARKING zone !! Lots of cities also have a fire zone (hydrant) parking space "blocked out in diagonal lines", too. Gotta be really stupid to go ahead and park there....

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, most of the ones i've seen aren't painted yellow, only when you're downtown do you tend to see that. If he was just on a busy street in suburbia, there's a chance it wasn't yellow. But that doesn't excuse his actions.

I agree with Neicy - a lot more should have been done to this idiot's car :) "Opps, the hose came on while it was in the car!"

5. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jun 21 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]465661[/snapback]</div>
    But then again, you can see a sign post right next to the car. You can't see the sign, but I bet it would be a No Parking sign.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yellow curb is not necessary. "No Parking" sign is not necessary. Everyone knows it is illegal, selfish, and dangerous to park next to a fire hydrant.

On the other hand, if the fire fighters had done more damage than necessary to the car, the owner probably could have sued them.

But I hope the car got impounded and the owner got a really hefty fine and community service cleaning up the trash on several miles of highway for a year for his crime. Blocking a hydrant could endanger people's lives if it prevented access to the hydrant in case of a fire.

7. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So, they put a dry firehose through two broken windows. Not much damage yet. Just wait until they disconnect it and pull it out with water running out of it!

Nate