1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firestone Winterforce on my Gen3??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by John Agricola, Jan 1, 2018.

1. John Agricola

John Agricola Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just acquired 4 decent used Winterforce snows from someone who had them on their Prius. I know you can't put just any tire on there, and I specifically remember talk on this forum that Winterforce snows absolutely RUIN the handling and gas mileage on a Prius (though they are amazing on regular cars). Should I forget about using the Winterforce tires on my Prius?

2. bonanzoo

bonanzoo Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I had winterforce tires for about a week before I took them off. They ruined the gas mileage and tires are extremely LOUD. The tires were brand new too. I was so aggravated I junked all 4 tires and put all seasons on. I'm back at 50mpg and the road noise is no longer there.

3. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    They are directional, rotate in one direction, did someone improperly mount?
    I run Nokia’s studded, directional tires, loud, some mpgs lost, I’m going anywhere I want and can stop and start on ice, wait till spring or get studded tires, you can’t stud used tires.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you ditch them, try Michelin X-Ice: they feel and sound like all-seasons, and not bad for rolling resistance.