1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

firewall 2008 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by tf4624, May 4, 2011.

1. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Im in need to go through the fire wall 2008 prius.. where is there one already dont and has room to put more through cause i cant see a good spot to drill a new one.. If you know where please post a pick/Directions for where to go through .

I know about the driver pedel in the 2010/2011 but what about the II generation

Im installing a camera on bumper and need to send wires through the firewall

2. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So im guessing theres no spot on the fire wall easy to get to?

so i have to drill a new hole?

3. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ok is it me or im being ignored? i need to get a wire or 2 through the fire wall.. which exisiting one has the easiest path/ entrence

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you are looking for a minimally invasive path, you might consider removing the two wiper arms, then the two black plastic cowl pieces that form the cover over the sheet steel cowl tray that houses the windshield wiper motor. Then you can see into the cowl and the ventilation ducts.

If you snake your cable into the vent duct, you may be able to get the cable down into the housing that contains the cabin air filter. Remove the cabin air filter so that you can see into the housing at that point.

Then drill a small hole into the housing above the cabin air filter, so that the cable can exit the housing. Good luck.