1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firewall grommet

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jordanr, Dec 31, 2010.

1. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The grommet is a PITA to poke a hole through. It probably doesn't help that I have to find some crazy position to try and push a hanger through.

After install fog lights....did anyone have to make minor adjustments to the alignment?

iPhone ?

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes it was! I lost a lotta skin on the hand from that and pulling the wire through from the engine side.

Yes, the lights need to be adjusted. In my document I describe how. Oops, it is no longer a sticky. Will have to search for it. Hold one.

3. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Haha yes! I wasn't able to finish installing the fog lights but I didn't get the wiring done.

The one thing that really pokes at me was this one zip tie that was cut and was scraping me. I eventually twisted it so it wouldn't attack me haha.

One thing I'm wondering is where to put the relay. The PC shop guide shows it right next to the ground wire, but it doesn't fit properly. I was thinking of just putting it anywhere I can find that will fit.

iPhone ?

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Iirc, I just stuffed and zip tired it up where there was room.

5. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ya figures lol. Since I couldn't finish I zip tied all the wires and placed them near the fuse box.

iPhone ?

6. gandG

gandG New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had a hard time finding this in a VERY old thread, but this is the picture of the grommet in the firewall, which others might need in order to install foglights or DRLs, etc.

Attached Files:

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  7. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You had a hard time finding it? Or did someone find it for you? ;)