1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firing Amazon-Chase

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Mar 22, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Going through the mail, I opened a perfunctory note stating the terms had changed. So I wrote this letter back:

March 22, 2018

Cardmember Service
    PO Box 94014
    Palatine, IL 60094-4014

Dear Sirs,

I received a disturbing notice, “Important Changes to Your Account Terms” (see attached) that listed only:
    • “Special Financing”
    • “Equal Pay”
    • “. . . Purchases made under these Special Financing and Equal Pay promotions do not earn % Back rewards.
    I signed up for your Amazon Chase credit card for the points that you now call “% Back rewards.” I have paid higher than minimum payments (see attached statement.) Since getting the card I have not been late but these new terms and conditions are impossible.

I called Customer Service, 1-888-247-4080, to discuss this problem and she told me that after May 2018, I would still have my original purchase terms as an option. Sad to say, that is not good enough. I have no written material stating that our original terms and conditions shall still apply. Your poorly written and worded note implies our original agreement ended the day I read it.
    • I need a written statement of the new terms and conditions with schedule.
    • What are your future intentions on the “% Back rewards” which reads like a mealy mouth substitute for Amazon reward points. Will the points convert to other units?
    • Can I opt out of “Special Financing” and “Equal Pay” which are terrible.
    • Finally, I sign my letters, can you sign yours?

Robert J. Wilson
    . . .
    Huntsville, AL 35802

ps. I was happy to see the Whole Foods purchase points. But I also shop at Costco and they have a rewards Visa card. Is it cheaper to find new customers than keep me?​

Over the top?

Bob Wilson

2. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No, not over the top. I hate banks and most credit cards and financing in general. I use my COSTCO card whenever I can to help the, ugh, $120 membership fee disappear. Finally got more than my membership back just a week ago. I'll do that until they don't offer me cash for the voucher. I fully suspect they'll, sooner or later, drop the cash routine, and only give me a Costco cash card good only at Costco. If that ever happens, it's bye-bye time.

Now that my wife and I are buying only one sixth the gas we did just a couple years ago, the percentage rewards are significantly less than before. Maybe we'll eat out a lot more to get some of the difference back.