1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First 100 miles on my new prius..(Average 49.7)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mkurasinski, Sep 21, 2006.

1. mkurasinski

mkurasinski New Member

Not bad for a Rookie I think. Wish the controls for the windows and on the steering wheel had better lighting though. I LOVE MY CAR :)

2. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

A wonderful beginning. I am impressed. It will just get better as time goes on.

Oh, welcome to the world of Prius owners.

Lola'05

3. mkurasinski

mkurasinski New Member

heres a few pics I just took of it. Getting dark outside but it still looks good,

Attached Files:

4. eaparicio

eaparicio New Member

That is great. I'm betting it gets even higher with your next tank. I love your choice of colors.

Ellen

5. peakfinder

peakfinder New Member

I'm so envious, I'm still about 4 weeks away from My new 2007. This is worse than waiting for xmas as a Kid!

6. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yeah!!! thats excellent!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and what a Beautiful car !! love that color.......... the mileage will improve, but i've heard it goes down some in winter time...

Congrats!! and welcome to the club! :D

7. IndyDoug

IndyDoug New Member

I haven't seen 49MPG since last spring. I've been above 60MPG all summer long.

8. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    Enjoy your new Prius - it will only get better from here.

9. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(colchestermike @ Sep 21 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]323121[/snapback]</div>
    Re: control lighting: You'll get used to using them by feel though before long, but I see what you mean.

As for mileage, I could never get above 50 or so until about 2000 miles or so. It does get better. I get mid 50's and I don't really work at it (i.e., I don't pulse and glide, I run tire pressure at 38/35, etc.) on a mixed suburban/highway commute. Road trips are in the 50~52 MPG range, even running 75 or 80.

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not bad mpgs for your first 100 miles! I've been averaging 48.6 for the last 4 weeks running...hopefully it will help bring my all-time average talley up to the 48.0+ range again (see sig). Now that the weather in SoCal is finally cooling down, I should start seeing higher mpgs than I did in the summer as I was constantly running my A/C day and night.

Pretty car! I like how bright it shines even at night! Hope you're enjoying it as much as I'm still enjoying mine!! :D

And congratulations too!!