1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

*#@%$ ! ! ! First < 40 MPG tank

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by priusham, Nov 28, 2004.

1. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Filled up today...

8.401 gallons at $1.949 after driving only 330 miles nets me a whopping 39.28 MPG!

Nasty.

Coming back from our cottage up in Michigan's "thumb" (where I filled up) was much more pleasant as I saw 53.9 MPG over the 56 mile trip. I think we drop a lot in altitude from the mid-thumb to north metro Detroit. Temp was 36F and the Prius heater was running at 70F.

Oh... almost forgot to add that I saw my 22nd 2004 Prius in Michigan on the way up there earlier in the day. A very dirty (muddy) silver heading south on M-24 north of Lapeer.

More details than you could possibly imagine...

http://www.w8kc.com/priusmileage.htm

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What was the MPG on the Multi-Display?

Knowing that makes all the difference, since bladder-effect has a profound influence on single-tank calculations this time of year.

3. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a\";p=\"53233)</div>
    You know... I don't really track that, but it was over 41 or close to 42. I don't track it because a couple of times since owning the car, I've accidentally reset the display while wiping it.

Interestingly, VERY close to what the car shows as the point where the auto-shut off feature on the gas pump hit. I DO track that.

John, you were an influence on me posting my gas chart and data on the web for all to see. I hope you took a look for yourself.

Thanks to you for all the information you've provided the Prius owner community.