1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First 5000 service.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by socal13, Oct 7, 2013.

1. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I took my Prius to the closest dealer (Pasadena Toyota) for the first 5000 mile service. I asked if they would turn off the reverse beep and I was asked if I purchased the car at their dealership (I didn't) and he said there would be a $60 charge. I declined. He said it takes 10 minutes! The tire rotation and check up took 1.5 hours. I would NEVER buy a car from them. I guess at 10000 I will go to Longo Toyota where I bought the car to get the annoying beep turned off.

2. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The reverse beep is very annoying. I read threads on this forum and got the blue tooth device that connects to the car and the app for my phone and did it myself in a few minutes. I think it cost me about $15 or $20 for the stuff.

My first 5k service took less than 30 minutes. I was getting set up with my laptop and wifi to do a little work and they told me my car was ready. I hadn't really gotten to do any of my work - which was okay. Now it's 2 1/2 months later and I'm going this week for my 10k service.

Allen

3. northcoaster

northcoaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you can do the "turn off backup beeping yourself, my wife did it and she knows NOTHING about cars at all! look on Priuschat for the info i'd post it but am old

4. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My understanding is that the newer models require some hardware and software to make the change. Older models had a procedure where it was easier - I think you had to walk around the car 3 times, look upside down in the right side mirror, throw salt over your left shoulder, etc.

Good luck.

5. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    They put "free" air in the tires. That's all the free service you can expect.

6. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Is there a actual Toyota requirement to bring the Prius in for dealer service at 5,000 miles? Per the owners manual, first oil change at 10,000 miles?

7. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think there is any requirement that a dealer service your car. I think your owners manual will give service intervals for the car. but you can take it to other places for that service. My prius c will only go to dealer if there is a problem. otherwise it will be done elsewhere. the service can be logged so that it shows it is done. I remember someone talking about how it is done but I don't remember.