1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First 5K Maintenance - DIY

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Huntceet, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Huntceet

Huntceet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Stayed late at the shop today and did the first 5K. Left rear wheel was stuck on and I had to use some force to get it off. A little corrosion around the hub. Cleaned it off and wiped lithium grease on all the hubs. Brakes showed no significant wear, I expected this. Front tires were at 8/32, rears at 9/32. Running at 42/40 psi from new. I decided what the heck why not throw the heads on and check the alignment. Mind you, there's no abnormal wear on the tires. Both front and rear toes were out of spec. I corrected the front but as the rear was just slightly out only on the right side and the total rear toe was in spec, I'll wait till one of my jobbers can come up with a shim for the rear.
    Drained the oil and replaced the filter. Put in 3.5 qts. Mobil 1 5w30. After running the oil level is 1/4 inch below the full mark. (Right where so many people on here said it would be --Thanks Guys) Checked all the other levels and filled up the washer reservoir. Reset the service reminder. Done

Rod -- Wondering how much to tip himself for such good service.

Will sombody who can please move this to the Maintenance Forum.