1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First...a thank you...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Ytsejamer1, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Ytsejamer1

Ytsejamer1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey everyone,

I just want to start by thanking all of you...I've been lurking over the past month or two just trying to absorb all the advice and information made available here or via links elsewhere.

I'm happy to report I just sealed the deal on an 06 Black Pkg 3 (i think)...I was looking around at many places such as Craigslist for private and dealer sale, ebay motors, and of course a few dealerships. Last I knew, the entire auto industry was hurting for customers. I would have thought to get more responses from my initial inquiries, but hey, whatever.

The new (to me) car had only one real drawback for me, which was the mileage. It was a bit high at 82k, but the one owner had bought it from the same dealership, had it serviced like clockwork, and kept it in pristine shape. The price it came in around was 15.9, but was able to haggle a bit back and forth bringing it to 12.8. I used that Car Buying Tip site and the Experian Autocheck...lucky for me that car was sitting at the dealership for about five months. No one else wanted it...probably cause of the mileage. But this car had what I really wanted at the price point I wanted to get into a Prius at.

I will use the search to try and find more info, but I've been having a hard time trying to search out the option package components on the 2006 models. It definitely is package 3 (JBL, 6 disc, SK, Rear camera, BT) but can't yet find a site that definitively says what the package options were. Some that I saw indicated perhaps I lucked out and got the Package 5. But another showed my features were under package 3. Hopefully further digging will prove it one way or another. If someone wants to shed light on it, it would be appreciated, but I don't want to ask without searching first! :)

All the best and thanks again!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Ytsejamer1

Ytsejamer1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yup...i think I found it. It's nice this forum's search function actually works. I can't tell you how many forum searches are nearly worthless. I found a treasure trove of information. I think I do have Package 5 or HI...whatever it is. Sweet. That pleases me.... I think it would have been package 3 (HI) if it were a 2007.

Looks like Toyota was throwing a few bones to customers as the Prius gained in popularity...and price (demand).