1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Bald Eagle of Fall!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by thepolarcrew, Dec 1, 2008.

1. thepolarcrew

thepolarcrew Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Went to pick the son up from school to-day and about 1 1/2 miles from my house there it was. It was about 30 yards to my east flying south about 20' off the ground in Stealth mode.. Wind was from the south at about 10 mph.

Will have to keep my eyes open the next couple of days to see if there is a mate.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    there were quite a few of them in my college town, they'd fly circles over us looking for something to catch and eat. they're so beautiful.

3. thepolarcrew

thepolarcrew Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We have a couple pairs and a couple singles from what I can tell. Driving 70mph in a certain distance and see an other / could also be mate hard to tell.

Have stopped about 10-15 feet away while they sit on what it is they caught or on a deer carcass.

We have a lot of Red-tail hawks and some falcons up here too. I have had a Red-tail crash in to one of my picture windows on the North side of my house, chasing morning doves in the yard. Left a perfect outline with its head turned one direction in dust or dirt on the window. Have had this happen more than once. Have a falcon that cruises the drainage ditch across the road. Lots to eat in the ditch. It too, has tried to get at the doves in a group of evergreens about 30' from my house

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We see them all year. There are several nesting pairs in the area.

Tom