1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First car park crunch in years - on the first day in my new 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bol, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bol

bol New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My beautiful new black T Spirit (similar to a V) was delivered this morning. This evening, whilst taking my daughter out for a spin I popped to the cashpoint. Whilst reversing into a parking space with the cool new reversing camera, the person in the next car backed out without looking. There was an almighty crunch and I did the sort of swearing that I had to apologise to my nine year old for afterwards. I got out of the car expecting to see a gouge down the side of the door, but amazingly it had just pinged off the side of the bumper (fender for you US types) and left the tiniest of marks. I managed to push the panel back into place without any trouble, and I don't think it's worth the hassle of an insurance claim. I guess the good thing is that it's taken a bit of the newness off it, so I won't worry so much from now on, but it's bizarre that it should happen today.

Delighted with the car otherwise - drives really well and looks great in solid black. The blue badge is even growing on me. Hopefully this'll be the worst that happens to it in the next three years.

2. anniea

anniea New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You have a great attitude! I hope everything goes well from this point on.:)

3. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If this had been me you might have seen a great big Geordie (exiled) crying on his knees!!!

Sorry to hear you had a bump. At least it was just a knock at low speed so you were both ok despite the blue air in the Prius!!

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was the backing out person once. When I was a teenager. Didn't properly look. It did more than just ding, I can assure you of that.

Congrats on your new T Spirit. I hope this is the worse that ever happens..

5. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on the new car - sorry to hear about the ding!

I'll keep any eye out for you now - if you see a nutter in a Grey Prius waving like an idiot, it will be me :)

6. paulemus

paulemus New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just put on another bumper sticker. Search "Prius" at Cafepress.com.